How to Stay
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Marshfield
Ronald McDonald House of Marshfield welcomes families of seriously ill children, newborn through age 18, who are hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment at Marshfield Children’s Hospital or Marshfield Clinic.
Those wishing to stay at our House must meet the following requirements:
- Live outside Marshfield city limits.
- Be over 18 (unless married). Those under 18 must be accompanied by a related adult or legal guardian.
- Check in and out between 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Emergency calls are available until midnight.
- Pass a background check (completed on all guests 18 and older).
- Present a valid photo ID at check-in.
- Obtain referral from Marshfield Children’s Hospital or Marshfield Clinic.
Please note: Anyone staying or visiting Ronald McDonald House of Marshfield must be infectious disease free for 21 days (please see infection control questionnaire)
The Ronald McDonald House of Marshfield is filled on a first come, first serve basis. We do not take reservations because families with ill children often are unable to predict when their care will end.
For all new families, please read and follow the steps outlined below to allow us to best serve you upon your arrival in Marshfield, Wisconsin.
- Any individual who has been convicted of child abuse or who is the subject of a pending child abuse case.
- Any individual who has committed an offense against a child, or who is required to register as a sex offender under Penal Code 290.
- Any individual who has been convicted of domestic violence or who is the subject of a pending domestic violence abuse case.
All families must have a referral completed prior to pre-registering by a Marshfield Clinic or Marshfield Children’s Hospital medical professional or other partnering medical facilities before they can be checked into our House. Social workers, nurses, child life specialists and other providers are all medical professionals who can complete referrals for families.
Medical professionals can fax referral forms to Ronald McDonald House of Marshfield at (715) 389-5991.
To pre-register, please call 715-387-5899 during office hours (8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily). This process takes 10 – 15 minutes and must be completed by phone. We do not accept in-person registrations for security reasons.
If possible, families should call 2-3 days ahead of their stay to pre-register.
We require families to make a second phone call the day of check-in to confirm their stay as we cannot accept advanced reservations.
Important Things to Know & Frequently Asked Questions
Marshfield’s House is a charming two-story brick home located across the street from Marshfield Children’s Hospital. Our location makes it easy for parents to be immediately available day or night should their child need them.
Children receiving outpatient treatment may stay here with their parents to be close to the medical facility.
In addition to private rooms, our House provides a warm comfortable setting where families can rest, prepare hot meals, and perhaps as important, share their concerns and experiences with other parents in similar situations.
Our Ronald McDonald House has capacity to lodge 10 families. Not just for sleeping, our House helps ease financial burden by providing generously stocked kitchen and laundry facilities, a pleasant sunroom, comfortable living rooms and an outdoor deck and play area. With our elevator, it is also handicap accessible.
About the House:
- Mailing Address: 803 W North St, Marshfield WI 54449
- Contact: phone 715-387-5899; fax (715) 389-5991
- Front Entrance located off St. Joseph Avenue
- Parking is assigned during check-in
- One private room per patient family
- Shared bathrooms, kitchen and common spaces
- Access to laundry, community kitchen and outdoor grill, playground and private cabinet to store food
- Families must clean their room at check-out
Hours of Operation:
- Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Check-In: Families may check-in 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily. Please allow for at least 30 minutes for the check-in process, which includes a brief orientation/tour and minimal paperwork.
- For security, the House doors are locked at all times and guests are provided keys. Please note: We cannot be responsible for any accidents, theft or losses incurred while staying at the House.
- Every person over 18 staying overnight at RMHC must present a valid photo ID at check-in
Additional policies not listed below will be reviewed during check-in:
- The building and grounds (including sidewalks) are drug and smoke-free.
- Indoor and outdoor play spaces are available for our young guests.
- Parents are responsible for their own children and must provide supervision at all times. Children under 17 may not be left unattended. Parents are asked to clean up after their children. The House does not provide baby-sitting services.
- No food or drink (besides water) allowed outside of the kitchen and dining areas.
- We require everyone staying or visiting to be infection-free.
- Families must be respectful and tolerant of other families who are equally concerned about the well-being of their children.