Home for Dinner
Give a Feeling of Home with One Meal
One meal. By providing just one meal to our families, you’ve given one of the best feelings during difficult times – a feeling of home.
Home for Dinner
Create a casserole supper, cook on our gas grill, order in a pizza or prepare a breakfast, stew, soup or chili. Our Home for Dinner program relies on the generosity of community organizations to provide a meal for our families once a month. Home for Dinner is a flexible program: Donors are welcome to prepare a meal for our House volunteers to set up and serve that evening or they can come in and prepare a meal to be frozen and used in the future. Thank you to our local organizations and individuals who already make Home for Dinner a success:
- American Legion Post #54
- Blue Heron Brewpub
- Domino’s Pizza
- Marco’s Pizza
- Marshfield Alternative High School
- Marshfield Elks Lodge #665
- Marshfield Sunrise Rotary Club
- Pick ‘n Save
- Royal Credit Union
- Scotty’s Pizza & Chicken
- Spencer Church of Christ
Sign up to prepare a Home for Dinner meal
Our families are always in need of a home-cooked meal, and we’d be happy for your help. If you or your organization would like to volunteer for the Home for Dinner program, please find an open date on the calendar below, and fill out the volunteer form.
The safety, health and wellbeing of House guests have always been our highest priorities. To ensure Ronald McDonald Houses around the world are consistent with their food safety provisions, Ronald McDonald House Charities Global Office has updated its food safety standards. Due to these changes Ronald McDonald House Charities of Marshfield has instituted the following guidelines:
- We no longer accept donations of foods prepared or cooked off-site by a volunteer or other groups or individuals (this includes baked goods, casseroles, etc.). Volunteers are welcome to prepare meals in our kitchen if they would like to donate.
- Food prepared at a licensed retail food establishment can only be accepted for donation if it has been protected from contamination and has been delivered directly from the licensed establishment within a short period of time.
- Only packaged foods purchased from retail grocery stores in unopened and original containers or whole fruits or vegetables can be accepted for donation.